Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coupon Goddess Update

I think today is the FIRST time I've made money on couponing.  I had a free bread coupon at Kmart as part of their rewards program.  The bread was $1.79 and they gave me the entire $2 off--so I made 21 cents!    Seriously--I expect TLC to call me any moment to be on the second season of Extreme Couponing.    I also got a free Kraft Mac-and Cheese (the good kind with Velveeta)--that had a $2.99 value (I had to buy $30 worth of groceries to get it, but that was a given anyway) and $10 off my entire bill--which was another reward coupon. Oh yeah--and ten times the reward points on this purchase--so I have something like a gazillion Kmart rewards to cash in on my next trip.    My receipt said I had $123.72 of total savings--how cool is that?????? AND--they gave me another free bread coupon at check out. 

I believe that Kmart is the most "coupon friendly" of the stores.  I strongly recommend joining the rewards program.  I've never been a Kmart fan until I started couponing.  Now it is a weekly trip for me. 

Have pretty much decided NOT to renew my Sam's Club membership when it expires. I did the ten weeks for ten dollars introduction offer and we like it--but except for a few items it really isn't a better deal than anywhere else--and THEY DON'T TAKE COUPONS.  I will say alcohol and fresh fruit are cheaper at Sam's and I got my Keurig for a heck of a good price--but, other than that,  you can find the same deals pretty much everywhere if you watch the sales. 

Anyone else out there have a Sam's Club opinion?? I'd love to hear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment