Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I feel a little lost since I'm not writing a weekly or bi-weekly column--like part of "me" is gone. It was actually my husband's idea to start writing on a regular basis again--but simply posting it to this blog. The good part about publishing this way is that it will be uncensored and I can say what I'm really thinking.  That might be the bad part, too!

Anyway, New Year's Resolution #2 is officially done, as is this my first non-Dayton Review post to this blog.  Resolution #1 was to use my twitter account to publish all my couponing advice.  The address for that is @theatregoddess if anyone wants the latest news about shopping and saving in the Fort Dodge/Ames area.  I had a great experience today at Walgreens (saved $56 bucks) and a terrible experience at Dollar General (pretty sure you are REQUIRED to sleep with a family member and drink moonshine to get an job there).  I hooked the twitter account to my phone--so expect spelling errors in my tweets!

I have 8 other resolutions. "Lose weight" and "exercise daily" are, of course, two of them.    Another is to do one thing a day in regards to Cody's senior year, so I don't get overwhelmed come May.  For example, today I tried to buy spaghetti sauce at Dollar General for his graduation party. That went horribly wrong and I didn't buy any sauce--but I tried so I figure I kept the resolution in spirit at least.  Right??   I also downloaded a scholarship for vegetarians he can fill out tomorrow. Who knew such a thing existed. Thank Heavens for the internet.

I'm gonna sign off and go play my new obsession: Words With Friends.  The minute Alex Baldwin explained that smart people play it, I signed up. It is pretty addictive--but I don't think I'll be getting kicked off a plane because of it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment